Thursday, April 29, 2010

Only the Photocopies are Different

One of the things I've come to notice as a Student Success teacher, is that many of our high school courses are only distinguishable from one another by the photocopied handouts. With a majority of students hiding the very hand-held devices that might empower them to network with a global community of learners, I spend far too much time, leading individuals to 'fill-in-the-blanks'.

While I'm not a fan of the format, here is the 'short answer' worksheet I'd like to teachers to consider:


Having just learned that my school board has budgeted over 1 million dollars to move to a new email system, I can't help but wonder what might have been unleashed, had these dollars gone towards ensuring that wireless networking was available to the learners in our board's 56 schools...
blog comments powered by Disqus